Translate

Dec 31, 2011

When a child of GOD can truly call GOD, his GOD - Philippians 4:13, 19 - Robert Hawker

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me... my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." [Philippians 4:13, 19]

I admire the confidence with which Paul speaks, that their want should be all supplied. My GOD; saith he, shall supply. Observe the ground; My GOD. When a child of GOD can truly call GOD, his GOD, in Covenant; he brings in all Covenant-engagements as security, on which he bottoms all, for time, and for eternity. GOD hath engaged to be his people's GOD in CHRIST. And, therefore, they do but give him the credit of a faithful Covenant GOD, when they lay hold of him by faith, and depend upon him for the accomplishment. GOD'S promises, are not as some mens' faith is, a yea, and nay gospel; but all his promises are, yea, and Amen, in CHRIST JESUS. 2 Corinthians 1:20. Let not the Reader overlook this for himself, if so be, his faith is grounded on the same security as the Apostle's. When a child of GOD can say, my GOD! like Paul, a fullness of earthly accommodations, or a scantiness, will both be sanctified. CHRIST, in a providence of good things below, will then bring no danger. And, if JESUS comes to any of his redeemed ones with a cross with him, the child of GOD will find a blessedness, in lodging both: Paul could do all things through CHRIST. And blessed be GOD, from the same cause, so can you, and I!

Duty-faith Expositions

Free Grace Expositions