Translate

Dec 11, 2011

Another Jesus, whom we have not preached - Ralph Harris

"Another Jesus, whom we have not preached" (2 Co 11:4)

I hear much said by the religious world about some man that they call Jesus and a few of the things they say about him sound as though they might be speaking of the Jesus I am acquainted with. But usually just about the time I think they are speaking of my Jesus they say something that makes me know they are talking about some other personality.

I hear some say their Jesus was just merely a good man, but this cannot be my Jesus, for He is both God and man (John 1:14). Others say their Jesus wants to save his people but he cannot do so unless they let him. This surely cannot be my Jesus because my Jesus has power over all flesh and gives eternal life to as many as His Father gave unto Him (John 17:2).

They speak of their Jesus wanting to do this, and trying to do that, and they boast of helping him save people, transporting him where he wants to go, preventing him from doing his will, frustrating him, hindering him, and such like things. No! No! this cannot be my Jesus. This cannot be the Jesus of the Bible, for He is the Lord God omnipotent (Rev. 19:6), and He rules and reigns in heaven and earth. Nothing He has ever undertaken has been frustrated or brought to naught. He cannot fail nor be discouraged (Isa. 42:4).

I do not need a Jesus over whom I can rule, and who must conform to my will. I do not need a Jesus who can do no more than I will let him do. Such a saviour is no saviour at all, and he does not suit such a sad case as mine. I need that wonderful Saviour who said, "I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." He had the power to do the work that His Father gave Him to do, and when He had done that work He said, "It is finished." That’s good enough for me. -Elder Ralph Harris

Duty-faith Expositions

Free Grace Expositions